I also realized the way I operate on professional & personal work are contrasting. When it comes to work, I have disciplined and organized approach, a process, consistency in-built to get professional commitments completed. This approach is also observed for any professional courses I take at personal level. This approach I have adopted for financial commitments, investments or debt.
But when it comes to very personal stuff like reading a book, physical workout, sleeping and eating habits, meditation, learning guitar, writing blog, publishing poems, etc. I don't feel motivated by a To-do list. Sometimes I feel guilty and at times I simply ignore these activities.
This led me to think what can I do get into the tasks I want to do at personal level but have been tepid on action? Honestly, thinking did not help. I got myself a 'this week board' and whatever I did do about these personal tasks each day, I would write it into sticky note & put it on to the this week board.
This seems to be helping me. Seeing achievements in my room helps me get motivated to read a book, go for a walk, workout at home, write for blog, etc. But this is just beginning to work for me. I need few more weeks into it to register the progress.
I will not force myself into any activities, just whatever I feel like doing each day that way I would not have guilt and just be in awe of the achievement every single day.
Also, will not keep any deadline or goals to be achieved here, just do whatever activity I feel like doing.
Hope this process works for me. Sharing this as maybe it could help someone someday as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment